CV Health was created by two parent companies Chiltern Health and Vale Health and began operating in September 2012, when existing staff and services were transferred across from the founder organisations. Please click here for further information relating to Vale Health or read on to learn the origins of Chiltern Health.
Chiltern Health is a Buckinghamshire-based company set up and run by local GPs to provide health services. Its aim is to provide efficient, high quality health care and related services in the community for the benefit of patients, and for the long-term support of the local health economy in Buckinghamshire.
As a dynamic, small company, its focus is on meaningful partnerships covering urgent care services, intermediate and other health services. This underpins their longer term goal which is to build a local support network to help deliver outstanding healthcare.
Local GPs make up the Board of Directors and work closely with the management team.
What makes Chiltern Health different to other service providers:
- Owned by 33 practices; a self-funding company.
- Commitment from members to service re-design for health economy benefit.
- 322,000 patients – they cover almost 60% of the Bucks population.
- More than 220 doctors and over 100 allied health professionals ready to engage.
- Over two thousand years of local general practice experience!
- Over 40 different community premises for potential service delivery.
- Excellent clinical relationships with our hospital specialists.
- Building partnerships with NHS Buckinghamshire, Buckinghamshire Hospitals Trust, Vale Health, Harmoni and Buckinghamshire Urgent Care.
Chiltern Health and Vale Health together with CV Health has the capability to mobilise clinicians to deliver change. They have the skills, infrastructure and experience. They listen, and then develop a local partnership solution which supports the long term health economy.